Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

DIY: Kusudama Ball

I came across this wonderful artsy website called Folding Trees and there are lotsa beautiful paper crafts that you can learn how to make them. I love to make origami or paper folding and even have a collection of craft books about origami. As i was exploring this website, I found out about how to make kusudama ball and really interested in making one to decorate my dull-and-boring Wish (my car).

How to make a Kusudama

1. Things needed:

  • 60 pieces of origami papers (2.5 x 2.5 inch). i'm using double-sided colour origami papers because i want a very colourful kusudama
  • glue
  • beads
  • ribbon

2. Instructions:

Since i'm too lazy to post the step-by-step pics, you can visit this links (part 1) and (part 2) for the tutorial part. Hehe

This was how my kusudama looked like before i glued them together. Each half must have 6 kusudama parts glued together.


I made some paper beads to add some wow factor to my kusudama. Click here to know how to make paper beads. I used a blue ribbon to string the paper beads and sparkly beads. Then, i glued the ribbon to the kusudama ball.


This is how your kusudama looks like after you glue all the parts together with the beads.


This is the home for my kusudama. Now, my Wish has a new cheerful and colourful friend!! Besides, my eyes are no longer feel boring while i'm driving my car. It is like a therapy when you feel tired looking at the road and cars while driving and you have something colourful to cheer you up. Why dont you try to make one yourself. It's time to get crafty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment